Life After NEXCOM Retirement...

THe Musings of a 60ish Retired Woman documenting her Life after Retirement.

Monday, January 02, 2006

a big bad bug found me!!!

I woke up around 330 AM on Jan 1, puking my guts up. I had woken up to go to the bathroom, but as soon as I sat up I was finding the garbage can, I spent the next few hours getting reaquainted with that yummy lobster tail. I will say it was much nicer on the way down than on the way up. It was not alive when I cooked it, It was thawed, previously forzen, so no telling what good little bugs had decided to make their home in my gut.

Bob called about 1030 AM and asked how I was. He was sick too. So we know it had to be the lobster! i DID NOT MOVE ALL DAY yesterday. And slept almost the clock around. I hurt all over right now. Everytime I try to blow my nose or cough then I have to stop. The muscles are so sore from all of the heaving, that I cry out in pain. Bob had to leave his place for toilet paper, so he brought me over some chicken brooth and apple juice. I think I will live now.

I have been sitting upright since about 1200, and I am really tr4ing hard to stay awake, so I can sleep tonight.

Might be harder than I think. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

14 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger wanda said…

    Oh man thst sure sound like food poisoning. Which totally sucks. I hope you and Bob are both better by now.

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mary Lou, i am sorry you are not well.

    I was one of those comments you couldnt read! thank you so much for my card!

    love abs xxxx

     
  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger David said…

    Well you can't blame the restaurant since you cooked it. I wonder if Bob will trust your coooking in the future? LOL.

    Hope you are feeling better this morning - there is nothing worse than food poisoning. I know.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh no! Oh Mary Lou, I'm so sorry you've been sick! That's no way to bring in the New Year! :( Sending positive thoughts and energy your way for a speedy recovery! ((hugs))

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger ellen said…

    Oh man, that is just crummy, Mary Lou. Ugh. I hope you feel better real soon.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bummer!! Hope you're feeling better.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what that's like. Hope you start to feel much better soon.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope ya feel better Mary Lou! The new year can only improve! Sounds like you should be eating ice cream instead...

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    So, so sorry that happened to you guys. Hope you're both better by now.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    I actually am much better internally, but my gut muscles hurt everytime I move! I will survive! THANKS!!

    ABS!!!! Glad you stopped by, glad my card found you!! I thought you were moving again.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little better now than you were. Poor Bob, too. That was really sweet of him to bring you that stuff.

    Last time I had food poisoning was from one of those frozen pizza dealies and I've never had one since.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you feel better now...no package yet? :((((

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Phyllis said…

    You must be better, You aren't answering your phone.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger esther said…

    Sorry about the bug. They should only happen to bad people...hope you're up to your usual rip-roarin' self soon........

     

Post a Comment

<< Home