Life After NEXCOM Retirement...

THe Musings of a 60ish Retired Woman documenting her Life after Retirement.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Still waiting....

I called my server Isomedia today, and the tech person was very interested, I told him the whole long story, and what all I have done, and he said he would talk to some one in Admin who might know the answer, and he would get back to me tomorrow. We shall see. Meanwhile I am here and it seems to be working just fine. I just still can not see your comments on your blog Wanda, Blogeois, David, Kat and Becky, and any one else who has Haloscan.

We have had storm after storm march in from the pacific. California and Oregon are getting pounded with big waves and high winds and rain. We are getting the high winds and rain also, but it is every other day or so. We keep getting told that there is a high wind watch in Admiralty Inlet, expect winds up to 60 MPH. So far we have been dodging those bullets. I was expecting the power to go out on Christmas Day, because I had that honking big roast to cook, but all went well.

Harry and Harriet, the Hairy Woodpeckers, and Mort and Morticia the Downy woodpeckers (tee hee) have been busy little peckers! I have gone through 8 suet blocks in 10 days!! I also think the squirrels have been back gnawing at them too. Must be good stuff! I just put the last ones out this evening, so unless I can find more suet, I will have to break down and buy the blocks. They really are not that expensive, but when you pinch pennies like I do, every little bit helps.

I am going to take my Christmas decorations down on Sunday, and get the house ready for spring. I have always thought that Spring should start as soon as the new year comes. It should not be winter! It should be getting ready for the turning of the seasons to spring. The birds should be pairing up and nesting, and the bulbs should be bursting through the ground, and it should warm up and the sun should shine. I have never understood why the seasons are so messed up. Out with the old and in with the New. That would be my perfect world. But then I am not the Goddess, Michelle is, so I shall have to talk to her about that.

(Oh My GOD I am watching Letterman rerun tonight and he is decorating the studio tree with a meatball and pizza sauce. That guy is twisted!)

I got an email fron Leslie (USA) and she said to tell all her blog friends Hello, and Happy New Year! She just had a birthday, on the 23rd. And for all of you who are keeping count...CJ is Jan 1, Losts is Dec 30, Joe's is Jan 3, Elliott was Dec 27.

Well, I am getting bleary eyed, looking at this screen, so I need to get my bath and go to bed. I will see you in the Morning! Please have the coffee ready will ya? And French Toast!! That sounds really good.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:17 AM, Blogger wanda said…

    I sure hope you get all your blog problems worked out to your satifaction.
    I too will be taking my decorations down on Sunday. My grandmother always said it was bad luck to take them down before then. Of course I've never done so, and still I have bad luck so who knows.
    Have you heard from KB (Split-Splat)? I see she's taken her blog down AGAIN! She reminds me of me when I was going through 'the change'. What a mess I was.
    Thanks for the reminders on the birthdays.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Special K said…

    April 1st used to be the start of the new year among pagans, which makes a lot more sense to me than marking it in January. I mean really.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have always, always looked forward to Spring as soon as the New Year comes in! It's just around the corner, right? ;)

    We've had horrible winds here over the last couple of weeks! It SHOULD be Spring with all the wind we've had! I want it to end, so stop sending it this way! LOL

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are just as much a goddess as I am *grin*.

    Any other birthdays in Jan? What about:

    Mary Lou on the 11th
    Wanda on the 31st

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Sally said…

    Yes, I agree with Michelle. I dub you Goddess of Nature. You're so good and kind to all who wander, fly, scoot, peck - well, you get the picture! Happy New Year, Mary Lou! :)

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Say hello to all the "pecker" families for me. Ya-Ya has been holding his breath around here lately to prevent expiration from all the turkey gas fumes. I hope he doesn't kick over from his perch.

    Stay snug Miz Mary lou!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you should change the name of your blog to Mary Lou's Adventures in Blogging!

    Hope you finally get everything fixed. At least I found you okay!

    In the meantime, Happy New Year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home